Monday, September 5, 2011

A change in gear

I took a break this weekend from marathon training to TT the bike portion of a race in the Tri-cities.  Will say was a little nervous when the reality set in that I needed to go really hard on a hilly unknown(to me) course for 26 miles, and have only been riding twice a week 20 ish miles.....and not so hard!
It was fairly symbolic though of where my life has come in a year.  It was this race last year that was the beginning of the end for Lars and I.  Needless to say I pulled out last minute, and didn't go down.  To do this race this year with the girls (and win),  brings me to tears when I think of how supportive they have been throughout this year.  They were the ones on the phone with me a year ago, and understood, this year they understood the importance of doing it.  I love them with all my heart, and am so blessed.

Another bonus to the weekend was traveling down with that someone special!
This guy killed it on the bike.  40k in 58 minutes, thats an average of 26 MPH.  Awesome in every way!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am soooo happy for you, Jenni! Nice to see that someone special has made his first appearance on the blog, too. You've got the old Jenni grin back!