Thursday, April 22, 2010

Luke's first track meet!

Tonight my whole family showed up to root Luke on in his first track meet.    He did the 1600 ( a mile), 800 and 4x400 relay!   
Until this day I had never been to a track meet, for the spectator it's a lot of sitting and only a couple of minutes total of watching your child.  In those minutes I could not have been more proud.  This really is the sport of truth, there is no hiding or faking, you go out, dig deep, hurt, give it your all. 
Luke didn't win any events but his mile time was 6:15...WOW!  I wish I could run a mile that fast!  Way to go Luke!












































Lo, Lars, Cal and my Mom and Dad.
















My Sister with Cal and Lo

2 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

Ian wants to see the pics of Luke runing past Katie :). good pics!

Sara D. said...

6:15?! Speed demon! :-)