Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Moses Lake Family Tri

Luke participated in his first Triathlon last weekend, he teamed it with Lars.  Luke did a 400 swim (should be noted he was 2nd out of the water), Lars biked, when Lars came through transition they both took off on the 5k run.  Team name was L&L guys...and they won!  I was so proud of him.  The swim scares me to death, the thought of people all starting together, hitting and kicking each other as you're trying to swim..yikes, but he was so calm!!  He has 2 more this summer and I cannot wait!

I participated on a team that did the Olympic distance then  the Sprint (that was my first back to back).  For me that means I time trialed on my bike 24 miles, and the way it worked 30 minutes later back out on the same chip sealed not pretty Moses Lake road for 12 miles.  I am honored to race with such awesome ladies.  Jenn K our swimmer is killer fast, I biked and Casi ran.  It was a challenge, but when all said and done it is really fun, and out of mens, womens and mixed teams, we won both.

3 comments:

Sara D. said...

You and your family are such studs! Way to go!

Becky said...

You have an adorable and super duper athletic family--including your puppies. It appears as though Kaiser could easily beat me at tetherball, and I think Obie could take a gold medal in couch surfing! BK :)

West Coast Scribe said...

Way to go to all of you, Jenni! So much fun your whole family loves being active and competitive. YAY!
Hugs,
Janie