Sunday, June 6, 2010

Racing

Yesterday I was lucky enough to race in the Issaquah Du.  In the fall of 2008 I did my first duathlon, and loved it, but the 2009 year I was plagued with an IT injury so I stuck to biking in the team Tri's (which I think are a blast), so I could rehabilitate and focus on training for the marathon.  This year the body is feeling good so I thought "why not".
I say I was lucky enough because I am very well aware of some of the key components it takes to race.
I am fortunate enough that I am healthy and able bodied.
I have an amazingly supportive family.  The sacrifices they make are immeasurable.
Lars and I share a mutual respect for each other and the events we choose, as well as what the kids want to partake in.
My children are now at an age where they are both in school,  which allows time to run and bike.
I also surround myself with some pretty remarkable ladies that encourage and inspire on a daily basis!

Heather and I after the race.  We've been friends since the 4th grade.  She took up triathlons in the last couple years...props to her...I'm not brave enough to do the swim!
 

My favorite girl!
I won a gift certificate! I'll replace the shoes I ruined on this run!

3 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

Woohoo, Mom told me what you placed!! Nice work!

Sara D. said...

Nice work Jenni. You are such a stud!

West Coast Scribe said...

Way to go, Jenni! You are such an inspiration from afar!! I pushed Emma in a 5K on Saturday and we shaved 57 seconds off our time from last year and finished 19th overall, 17th woman (26:33).
Hugs from the Bay Area,
Janie and Emma