Tuesday, October 5, 2010

People or Sea Life

I'll start with a little brief.  For those that know me know I LOVE vacation, and even more LOVE a good deal!  I am constantly saving for my travel fund, so this summer I had some funds set aside for a family trip.  Lets just say it didn't happen (much to mine and the kids disappointment).  By the end of July I had the "itch" for a quick get away, got online and found tickets to Maui for $270 RT....that was all I needed.  I asked Lars if he wanted to go...not so much...I asked Luke, he didn't want to miss a week of school, so that left Logan and I!  I got a steal of a deal on a condo at VRBO and I "won" on priceline, for $20 a day for a mid size car (although Lars says its not "winning").  8 weeks later here we are!

When I was looking for a condo everyone was advertising "recession special", so I looked at everyone calendars...empty, so emailed and made offers.  The pictures I am about to post prove that there may be a recession in Maui...no one is here!  We had the beach in both directions to ourselves, although we did encounter a rather large sea turtle, and then (I have NEVER seen this)  3 manta rays within 10 feet from the shore!
When we got to the pool late afternoon..again we were the only ones!




No comments: