Sunday, August 28, 2016

Whole

I was last in Boulder over six years ago, broken and seeking some sort of refuge from my sadness. I've been lucky to have been coming here for almost 20 years. Emotionally, spiritually and physically this place feeds my soul. I have a dear friend here, he was my roommate briefly at HPU and we go years without seeing each other, but when we do I am reminded the bond of true friends, they are always there, even when you don't see them often.

When I was here last I wouldn't say I received what I was seeking, but rather clarity. I couldn't run away to escape sadness. I needed to suck it up and rely on myself to find that happiness within again, and I did.

I am so happy to return here whole again. It feels good. My son and I are having a blast, hiking, running, shopping, eating and drinking. Boulder is my ideal vacation (much like Bend, Oregon, just bigger), a balance of culture, outdoor beauty and recreation.

 

 

 

Tonight we mark one off the bucket list and will see a concert at Red Rocks, then back home to my daughter and husband (man, that feels so good to say)! It's been great, but can't wait to get home to the rest of my family!

 

No comments: