Thursday, March 30, 2017

Last Minute Show Tickets

We've arrived in Iceland and so happy to be back here!
However as we were flying I remembered I wanted to share my ticket deals. I'm a bargain traveler. My round trip tickets with a 4 day stopover in Iceland was $620. If we could've left the day before it would've been $450. My son and I narrowed it down to London or Ireland in October. I checked airfare regularly then in January Iceland Air did a three day flash sale I jumped  (bonus Icelandair offers up to a week stopover in Iceland without being charged an extra leg). Next, find a hotel that included breakfast. Our dollar is probably the best it's been to the pound but things are still expensive in London. Iceland this is crucial, everything is expensive.
Ok shows! When I go to NYC I always buy day of tickets at TKTS. I like the whole process of getting there, lining up, waiting for the screen to light up what's going to be on sale and then picking from that. Plus they are anywhere from 30-60 percent off. For those Broadway's junkies like me, that means more shows! I've seen many shows I otherwise wouldn't have by doing TKTS. Imagine my surprise when my first day in London I discovered a TKTS booth right across from our hotel. I scored School of Rock and Les Miserables for 35-45 pounds each, a 30% discount. Both were in small theatres, we were row 7 and 9 stalls (that's what we call main floor in the U.S.). It was fabulous, and a great way to end a couple of evenings!
Ok onto bed for a full day of enjoying one of our favorite places tomorrow!


No comments: