Sunday, February 25, 2018

Loves

I am riding a bit of a high in life right now.  Perhaps it's the age (40) and the wisdom that comes with that ;)
I recently met a friend for happy hour.  She and I have long had they same acquaintances but were only introduced in person a couple of years ago.  We are kindred spirits and can talk for hours in the most refreshing way.  We had a great conversation the other night about the power of the mind, and with a positive and accepting attitude it truly delivers the happiness you desire (if that makes any sense).
We were both previously divorced, 40, and now have wonderful men in our life.  We also hold nothing but gratitude in our hearts for those that have come before and lead us to where we are now.
I have had several loves in my life, starting back over 20 years ago.  Each played a wonderful part in my life, and I feel so lucky to have met these men and in some form had a relationship with them that lead me to feel love with them.  I believe love lasts forever, it can change but you will always love that person.
I am still friends with all of them, they all have wonderful woman in their life, and it fills me with such joy.  It took several years to get here with my Ex husband, but I knew we would.  It took years for me to understand that the other men I have loved could also have a place in my life as well, not a romantic one obviously but one of  friendship with a shared past and mutual respect for one another.
These men before my husband I truly believe led me to him.  I believe some people have one great love, and it must be so strong and complete, and no doubt a beautiful thing.  I loved several men, all played a part leading me to my husband, and I love him something fierce.  I love this man in a way I have never loved before, one that involves a deeper level of respect. I truly believe I did not meet him until 7 years ago for a reason, at a time when I could fully appreciate all he is.  Had I met him in my twenties I am not sure I would've know what I had, and certainly not appreciated him the way I do now.  He is my complete package, a love that has evolved, and will continue to evolve. One of the great qualities that drew me to him was his love for others in his life that have come before me.  He has such respect for them, and I am grateful for their part in his life as well.
I love life, very much.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes:

"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter." -Paulo Coelho

No comments: