Monday, September 24, 2018

The World Keeps Spinning

May...that was the last time I sat down to blog, crazy! 

I am still learning the ropes of my new job, and found that the summers are crazy.  Between summer camps, chamber concerts and music in the meadow, I worked about 60 hours a week.  I took Tuesdays off and entirely unconnected by hitting the mountains with Lo and Doug.  I've been told that all we did put on this summer at work was really great, but truth be told I was just trying to keep my head above water and survive I didn't actually "see" what we were doing!
Not all was lost on work this summer, Rick and I started the summer with a 10 road trip with the jeep, camping on the St. Joe river in Idaho, traveling through Missoula, then staying a couple nights in Bozeman, onto camping in Yellowstone, then the Grand Tetons, Jackson, WY and ending the trip camping in the Bitterroots, an area I hope to return to soon.  My plan is to blog here soon about the trip.  We had such an amazing time, it was the first big trip with the jeep since having the ursa minor (pop up top) added to it.  Maybe I'll blog about that as well, but we are in love with it.

Lo is in her junior year of HS but is doing running start so she didn't start back to school until today.  She and I escaped last week to NYC, where we toured Columbia University, and NYU.  Saw Waitress and Come From Away (this one easily is now in my top 5 musicals).  Went to ground zero on 9/11 shopped Canal Street (this was a first for Lo), visited the MOMA, saw the live taping of the Jimmy Fallon show and just absorbed all the city life we could in 5 full days.  That city always fills something in me, that I am unaware I need.   As we left I was a little sad, like perhaps I was leaving a piece of my heart behind.  However, I realized my heart is not so much divided between the mountains and open space of home and the energy, diversity and culture of NYC as it is just perfectly balanced. 

 People life truly is amazing, and so very very good.  Next month I will be 41, I am so honored to be aging, and getting to live this amazing life.  So much in life hasn't made sense, but all of it has made me a stronger, more patient person.  A better version of myself that I didn't know existed.

Cheers, and I hope to be back blogging soon.  With at least pictures of the recent adventures!

No comments: