Saturday, September 28, 2019

Montana, You're Kind of Nice

Memorial weekend was fast approaching and we had no plans.  One area I have never been and always wanted to was Whitefish, MT.  So we loaded Doug into the jeep and went.  It has to be my favorite areas of Montana, I love Bozeman, but this was a place both Rick and I could see ourselves retiring to.
We worried that it would be busy being a holiday weekend, but we had no issues.  No traffic, we booked a pet friendly room at the Firebrand last minute (I highly recommend this place, gorgeous and walking distance to everywhere downtown).  In fact we loved it so much decided to camp outside Glacier for a couple of extra days and extend our weekend.
We both loved every minute of this last minute getaway!
Our first sight of Flathead Lake

Whitefish had one of the greatest dog parks Doug has ever been to!

The trail system in Whitefish is one of the best I have been to.  I believe there were 12 different trailheads around Whitefish.


My tip for traveling with a dog, that sleeps on a bed.  Pack your own sheets.  I always throw in a couple extra or a blanket to put over the main comforter at the hotel.


Stopped in Glacier at Lake McDonald

This guy strolled right by our car

Camping with Doug


I loved the hotel we stayed at for 2 nights, but nothing can beat this place to sleep,



Vacation wore Doug out.  He slept the 7plus hours home.



No comments: