Saturday, September 28, 2019

Paris...Still

It's cold and rainy today, the perfect day for trip planning.  However, I have decided I have got to finish Paris!
This will be the last few photo's of Paris. 
While there we did all the classics, but my personal favorite museum was Musee de l Armee Invalides.  I love history and could've spent all day in there.  We opted for about a half day, saw Napoleons tomb, then moved over to the WWI and WWII sections.  We skipped the French Revolution, only for time.  For me these wars from the French perspective is fascinating.  It was an impressive display of artifacts from these two wars.  The weaponry, uniforms (french and all the foreigners), propaganda, posters, maps.  There is also the Charles De Gaulle section, amazing and I hope to go back one day and spend even more time.
Disneyland Paris, we did it.  Lo loved it, I could've gone either way with it.  It is an easy train ride from the city (just read up on current scams first, that's a long story), Disney Paris tickets are a quarter of the price of the US parks.  I would say that's because it's not quite as magical.  While it is neat and impressive, the rides are all more roller coaster fun and fast, versus the impressive stories you ride through at Disneyland.  All in all I am glad we did it, but probably wouldn't visit a second time!








Napoleon's Tomb

This small museum dedicated to Marie Curie is well worth the stop.  This was her lab, and all her contributions to science as well as her husband and children's

The reality of the Mona Lisa





No comments: