Sunday, January 2, 2011

Last full day

I just realized I haven't put the pictures of my parents up, but when I get back I will!  We have thoroughly enjoyed our last full day.  With my parents here I have been able to sneak out in the morning and go for a quick run.  I'm not sleeping all that well so by 6:30 I get my running stuff on and by 7 its light enough I am out the door.
This morning I went for a 4.5 mile run, most of it on Ali'i drive, on my way back about a mile from the condo, who cruises past me (with 2 other fellas) on his bike but.....LANCE Armstrong.  They were riding at a conversational pace (probably because they were on Ali'i), no jumping or yelling for me, I was totally caught off guard, not to mention huffing and puffing, sweaty,no makeup...and I didn't even bother to brush my hair, not my finest hour.  I  just simply picked up my pace and took it all in, and marveled at how incredibly lucky I was!  I had to run the last mile fast, I couldn't wait to get back and share my news! (that too is a story)
Took my parents to the airport, they're on their way to Maui, thank you Mom and Dad for joining us for part of this trip, Love you!!
Was feeling lucky so tried to get into Mauna Kea again...no such luck today so we spent the day a Hapuna!
Ate dinner last night here.  I don't drink beer, but had to try it being at a brewery so my dad and I split the sampler




Anything, I tell you!

Yes that line on my stomach is a tan line...great

3 comments:

Sara D. said...

That picture of Luke jumping over Logan is classic. I love it. And how the heck did you manage to get a tan line in the middle of your stomach?! Can't wait to see you again. :-) xoxo

kathleen c said...

Yes!! Can't wait for you to come back so you can help me train for the half-marathon (purely selfish reasons!!). Love the pic of Luke and Logan...that one is a keeper! Thanks for keeping us posted on your trip...I should have totally done this when I was in Australia. Next time!

Becky said...

Welcome home, Jenni! Can't wait to hear all the details about your run with Lance. :)