Thursday, February 17, 2011

AnnaBelle Anastatia Hakensen

Meet AnnaBelle.  I am fairly certain this cat could turn any dog lover into a cat lover.  She is the coolest cat I have ever had.
A little story of how I ended up with Ann.  At the end of 2006  I had 2 cats Milla 10 and Chloe 17 that summer Milla disappeared.  Then in December Chloe died in my arms peacefully.  After going through the geriatric stage of cat life I vowed off cats.  The summer of 2007 the orchard behind us was torn down, with that came a lot of little critters.  I was ok with them at first, I set humane traps  and would release them into the orchard across the street.  Well I think they liked the arrangement, they started bringing their families.   I went to the Humane Society for a cat (one cat), however they were packed to the gills so I took 2 that were in the same cage.  They were around 7 months old we named them Meredith Grey (she was grey) and AnnaBelle Anastasia. 
Meredith was a sweetheart and quickly became Kaisers kitty, Ann was the "killer", needless to say she solved our mouse problem!  Before we moved to Wenatchee Meredith disappeared, we'd liked to believe she has a home somewhere, but the fact is they both didn't come in one night, and coyotes frequented the area, the next morning out "street smart" cat Ann return but Mer didn't.  So we moved with just Ann. 
She had no problem adjusted to more of a city life, soon she was killing mice, quail and an occasional rat (where it came from, I have no idea).  The great thing about Ann is she kills them, and eats them entirely, no bringing them to show us...thank goodness, we just stumble upon her hunt once in a while.


Every night she takes her seat at dinner


 A few tidbits of Ann:
She flosses her teeth with the broom
When she wants out she stands up and tries to open the door
She always has neighborhood cats over to play
She sleeps in Luke, Lo's or my bed....her choice
She LOVES to try to catch Luke's fish
She drinks out of a toilet
She rules the dogs
She also eats whatever you eat (ever seen the add with the pasta eating cat?), you name it cheese, pasta, cereal, bagel and cream cheese, butternut squash and of course any type of meat!

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

You forgot to mention that she likes to sneak into cars and going for rides...