Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Good Kind of Tired!

Today was my first long, group ride of the season....and it felt good!  So many things came together to make it such an amazing day, the sun came out,  I got to ride with 2 guys I have never ridden with before, and over the course of 44 miles you get a chance to chit chat here and there.  I always love meeting new people to ride with, and 2 others joined that I have ridden with before but always love to ride with!  We did the "pinnacle loop" (for locals that is out by Dryden and back), we all seemed  compatible to ride with, kept a great pace, while keeping it social!  44 miles done!  Felt good, but came home and instantly got cold, warmed up in the hot tub for about 20 minutes, now I am ready to watch a movie and kick back.  In my book that's a pretty good day!
One slight problem.....
This is the inside of my trail mix bag.  The big one from Costco...the one that has M&M's in it.....do you see many in mine...not so much, cause I ate them..post ride!

3 comments:

**nicke... said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! i do the same thing... what a great ride. you live in the most beautiful area!

Sara D. said...

I was thinking of you Saturday because as I drove up to our property there were about 6 road bikers headed down Nahahum Canyon. All I could thing was brrr! I didn't see any blond ponytails so I didn't think you were in the group. I will have to show you our property so you can take a pit stop if you need one. Of course our driveway is 1 mile up hill.... :-)

Becky said...

I can't wait to get back on my bike! Between a broken foot and baking a baby, I haven't ridden for two years - whoa!