Tuesday, May 3, 2011

WARNING: Disturbing Image

I am conflicted.  There was a time in my life I fed the birds, now my cat eats them.  This is a daily occurrence at my house, it's birds (large and small), mice, rats, spiders and the kids and my dinner.  I got this cat when I lived in East Wenatchee and the orchard behind us was cut down,  the mice took refuge in my home, she proved to be an excellent mouser.  The cat (AnnaBelle) is a killer, but she is the coolest cat I have ever owned.  She does her thing all day outside, she has neighborhood cat friends that hang here, at night she comes in and sits at the dinner table with us and at bed she chooses who she want to sleep with.  The dogs don't mess with Ann.
She and I have come to an agreement on the cute little creature killing, as long as they don't come in we are good (she seems perfectly happy to consume them!)!

3 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

OMG, and it was such a cute little bird. sad. Funny that she's such a killer, but the most loveable cat ever.

Becky said...

Cats are amazing little hunters. But it makes you wonder why there isn't mouse or bird flavored cat food. Maybe it's because nothing beats a fresh mouse (or bird)?!

Sara D. said...

That is actually a great photo Jenni. I had a bird in my house the other day and neither Ralfie or Lucy could manage to take it down. I should have had you bring Annabelle over!