Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chicago Day 2

Another great day in the city.  I think it's a combination of loving this city and having the best travel companions a girl could ask for!  I felt this way in San Fransisco in April and I feel it again here.  I really can't express how invaluable this time with them is, but  it's unlike any vacation we use to take as a family of 4 in the past. Luke and I are super laid back, Lo's a little more task oriented.  But we don't ever let time dictate our schedule, the schedule that we change on a whim because we want to.  I've managed to get us lost each day, yesterday we walked (to the best of my calculations) about 6 miles total out of the way.  Today I opted for the bus that took us directly to the Museum of Science+Industry, (which by the way is amazing) it was when I wanted to cross Lakeshore Drive to get to the beach we ran into problems (keep in mind it's 90 degrees and humid)...anyways again I walked the wrong way, instead of whining or getting mad and frustrated, we laughed at my poor sense of direction and decided from now on the kids would lead the way.
Our evening ended with true Chicago style pizza from Uno!
A United 727 in the MSI..brought back some good memories!

We made it to the beach.  And yes my skirt is hiked way up past my belly button in this pic, I was in the process of rolling my skirt up so I could  get in the water!

So Lake Michigan is not the clearest

Waiting for pizza at Uno

And there you have it Chicago style pizza

No comments: