Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 1 in the Windy (although not so windy, just humid) city

The day started with a ride to Pangborn Airport at 4:30 this am.  All air travel went smooth, we arrived in Chicago at 2:15, and was checked into our room by 3:30.  We really had nothing planned today other than maybe a stroll down to Navy Pier.  Well by mistake we ended up with a smoking room, when I explained that we REALLY would like a non smoking, the lady at the front desk was amazing.  Because they are full tonight there wasn't anything they could do other than remove the ashtrays, but tomorrow they are moving our stuff to a Non Smoking.  Anyways the kids and I decided this was our sign to get out for as long as possible and see the sights.
Other than my blog, email and facebook I avoid all modern day technology, so no Internet on my phone.  I use the old school map, and I have to say I prefer it this way.  For example, I may have gotten us a little lost today....instead of seeing just Navy Pier and a little Michigan avenue, do to my map reading error we made it to Navy Pier, down to where Field Museum is, Buckingham Fountain, Millennium Park, then down the entire Michigan Avenue, found the American Girl doll store, continued on to the Hancock Building all on foot!  My kids are amazing travelers, and I love our adventures together, at times we were a little thirsty, but no complaining they just took it all in and were grateful to be here!




The Map...before losing it



No comments: