Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ramblings

Just sitting here alone tonight, taking it all in.  Just had an amazing evening, and feeling pretty fortunate in life right now.  We are in full summer swing here in the house of Hakensen 3, and I have to say I kinda like it.  Swim team and (my) work are occupying a large part of time, but since we beat to our own drum, we get home, pack snacks and hit the pool (when we want).  Granted my yard always seems to need to be mowed, I have a never ending pile of  laundry, oh and lets not forget the something that was spilled on the floor, possibly last week that needs to be mopped.....but my attitude is I can clean when its dark.  Summer has arrived and we will and do embrace her warmth!  I am not stressing anyone out by leaving things out, and not having a set agenda, I love it.  We are happy, we create our own happiness just being. 
I have been training for a marathon.  I used to always run my long runs as a group, and I still love it, but I am finding such pleasure in taking off for a 15 mile run with my dog (no music) and just my thoughts, such clarity.  I get up at 4:30 several days a week to get hills, and a recovery run in, again the peace and quite of the morning, such pleasure.  That being said I still go to Tuesday Track workouts, haven't quite figured out how to do (and enjoy) those without a group!
My house is slowly transforming into a reflection of my life, and the kids.....as it does so does the energy in here.  I find it lighter, more energized.   I am excited with the choices I get to make and the possibilities that lie ahead.
Its been 8 months since my world was turned upside down, and here I am,standing and thriving on my own two feet.  Feeling loved in ways that I never imagined, finding new friends in surprising circumstances,  and greatful for all the blessings in my life, that maybe I didn't always appreciate as I should.  Now more than ever I am convinced there is a plan for me, and in time it will show itself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such strenght Jenni. I really admire you. And I am not just talking about your willingness to train for another marathon. Crazy girl. :-) When is that? I want to come cheer you on.

Amy said...

I just like you so much Jenni! You are so strong and I love reading about your new discovery!


You're going to rock that marathon!! Let me know if you're ever here in the Tri-Cities...first round of margaritas are on me!!