Thursday, July 9, 2015

Vay-Cay

We've settled into some nice R&R in Bend. Truly one of our favorites places the whole family, and friends agree upon. I first came here in 2009 with my kids and now ex husband. Within the hour of arriving we met Orlando Bloom.
That was a pretty good welcome to Bend. The next 6 days we spent here we fell in love. A year later my dear friends moved here. The year after I came down with a dear friend, she and I ran a half marathon, biked, ate, drank just had an amazing time and I knew then this was someplace special. Someplace I would always return too. Lucky for me Rick grew up coming to Bend and equally loved it. Together these last few years we've managed to make it down at least twice a year, if not more. Typically we stay with my friends, but once a year I rent a big house (feel free to message me if you want info on the house, I stay in the same complex each time and it's fabulous) we are now on the third year of this, my son brings a few friends down, our friend Jake comes with us and we spend a week (was five days, but this year upped it), biking, running, going to concerts, shopping, eating, drinking beer and vedging. Both my kids love it, I love that we can settle into a routine here that accommodates everyone.
The house we stay at connects to the Deschutes River Trail, as does most everything here. What a gem to run!
The road riding is wonderful, large, free of debris shoulders. The mountain biking is endless (so I've been told)!
The other plus in the summer is it's warm enough mid afternoon to swim or float the river, but unlike home it cools off in the evening and mornings.

No comments: