Thursday, September 17, 2015

Now

My favorite time of year in the valley is September and October. Our temperatures are amazing, and the outdoors comes alive with color and smell.
I've spent the last month and a half in my "interim" house. Ricks house while we try to sell it. I'm not made to build or remodel houses. It's not in my make up, in fact I can't think of anything worse to do with my time not working. This house he bought many years ago as a repo. It's been a s*#! Ton of work for him. Granted it looks amazing now, but truly at the cost of actually living.
I was starting to suffocate in this. Lose my self. I could feel myself slipping. Questioning my choices, myself. It's a scary place to be. So I turned to the place I knew would renew my soul, put life back into perspective. The wilderness. Covered 26 miles in three days, summited a mountain I have always wanted to. Found myself, my happiness, self assured ness, all out there. Now we can carry on.
Friday I have a window when I dropped Lo off until I pick her up from school. I've got Lake Colchuck down. I can take off, hike the 4.5 to the lake, eat lunch and be back to Wenatchee within 5 hours.

Saturday I went on a "blind date", with a gal I know but have never hung out with. She was awesome and so was Lake Minotaur and Theseus, as well as the views from Labryth.


Sunday after work, I could sense Rick needed the same. We made a quick sandwich hiked up another summit to view Lake Valhalla and have dinner. Perfect!


2 comments:

kristen said...

Your pictures are ah-mazing!! Truly!

So did you guys buy another house? House shopping (whether it's building or buying) really isn't all that fun. That is for sure!

Thinking of you as you transition!

Jenni said...

Thanks Kristen. We are buying his neighbors house so they are just waiting for us to sell his!I can't wait to be settled!