Sunday, September 6, 2015

Intentions

I have had every intention to get back to regular blogging, and one day I will. I have lots of hikes and photos to share, but I've been taking time to reconnect or make time to connect with people. In the last 5 weeks I have had four friends husbands die, one of them had been a friend of mine since middle school. This forces you to take a good look at how you are living. I have my core group of friends I love dearly, but I realized I've shut a lot of people out of my life, unintentionally. After everything that went down with my Ex, I simply tightened my circle.  I  stuck close to those that were there, that I trusted and proved to be authentic. I made no effort to reconnect with old friends.
In the last few weeks I've slowed down, disconnected a bit from the attachment to my phone, and focused on the important people in my life.
Some of the mommies and daughters went for a night away to see Matilda. Show was amazing but more so the 24 hours we spent and the memories we made as well as our daughters.


Then there was this group. In shock and sadness some of us that hadn't seen each other in almost 20 years (remember after we graduated there was barely Internet and certainly no social Media to keep us connected) came together. I had not realized how much I had missed everyone. I savored the entire weekend, visitors from other states were home, wanting to pack 19 missed years into 3 days.


No comments: