Friday, September 25, 2015

Trees

Lo and I found this hike last year in early October. Roughly 10 miles round trip (depending on how far away from the trailhead you have to park) and by far the most technical of those we've done. At that time the trees had already changed colors and were starting to drop their needles. We vowed to come back earlier this year and bring Rick! It really is a fun hike, the only downside to it is the hour and a half drive to the trailhead (we get spoiled with the no more than and hour drives), and on the weekends this hike is ridiculously popular.

Nonetheless it is well worth doing at least one fall!

She finds the switchbacks at the beginning boring so this becomes our entertainment
 

 

Out takes

 

The views of Mt. Stuart so close are impressive

The trees had just started to change

 

By the time we reached the lake a little weather moved in and I was glad I had packed a "puffy" in my pack.

 

 

 

 

This girl has been hiking with me for years. She's 13 now so I'm often met with a little resistance to going, but once she is out there it feels a bit like we are in "our" true element. She is amazing and entirely unaware of her strengths. She has equal endurance and can certainly go the same distance as me, but her technical ability has far surpassed mine. I love it, and can't wait to see all the places this will take her.

 

 

No comments: