Monday, November 9, 2015

Alive

In my book there's no better place to be in the fall than right where I'm at. This fall in particular, is exceptional. I can count on one hand how many times I've run the road this fall, because the trails have been amazing. Sage Hills is right in my back yard, four miles up No2 Canyon is my favorite trail Stairway to Heaven (thank you Rick for showing me this gem), Devils Spur is another favorite up by Mission Ridge, plus the hiking is still amazing.
Friday I dropped Lo off at school, took advantage of the weather and went up to Colchuck. I looked at NOAA the night before, temps in the high 30's chance of snow at 4900 feet was minimal, no rain and wind until later in the day. From my house to the trailhead less than 1 hour. 10 mile hike round trip and back to Wenatchee to pick Lo up from school. I went with a few friends, yet another thing that makes this place so great, so many people that can and will share these adventures! To have so much beauty so accessible is exactly what keeps me here.




No comments: