Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thankful and Grateful

While my personal preference is to be with both of my children at the same time, these one on one vacations with each has been truly amazing. Last month Lo and I traveled to NYC for a long weekend of girl time, and Broadway. My son was bummed to miss however he's 18 and in college now, so somehow a note from his mom explaining the benefits of travel just isn't going to cut it. He had to stay and go to school. Lo was given the option to come to Iceland with us, she did know mine and Luke's desire to do a glacier hike so she opted out, instantly. Of course I want her to love these outdoor adventures as much as I do. Granted, she is certainly the loudest whiner on most of our hikes, but ALWAYS a mile or two in it subsides and she out climbs me. She's good, and I trust in the fact that I have given her a strong foundation in the outdoors that she WILL return to. For now she is 13 and all things are hair, big cities and dance. I need to respect that, and love and appreciate the beauty she is her own very perfect soul!
Instantly when we arrived I remembered why I felt the need and desire to return here. Such a unique and peaceful place. The natural beauty is endless, the appreciation for the environment is strong. The health and vibrancy of the people is to be admired. I love Iceland, and know I will continue to return to this country.
A few snippets of our time here.
Sejalandsfoss

Skogafoss
Solheimajokull Glacier



On the Glacier

Reykjavik

It was 7 degrees today. Couple essentials that have made this trip perfect for the weather. NECK GAITER, this thing is a life saver, as well as multiple layers of long underwear, glove linere and good beanies!

No comments: