Friday, November 27, 2015

Icelandic Adventure Day 1

Onto day two of our Icelandic adventure. Heading to a glacier hike but I wanted to blog a couple quick travel in/to Iceland tips worth sharing. First this is our second time here in so many years, because we clearly loved it the first time. Traveling to Iceland is cheap....during the months of November to March, because there's only 6 hours of daylight. Don't let this discourage you, the tour companies have everything down to maximize your time here! I booked both trips in June, this seems to be when the deals are at their best through Iceland Air. This time I added one extra day and moved to a hotel closer to downtown, that also included breakfast (that's another blog post in itself, amazing). Our package included a northern lights boat tour and Blue Lagoon to just under $800 pp for air/room/packages.
I am an airline snob. When given the chance I fly my preferred carriers, Hawaiian, Virgin American and Jet Blue, I will say Iceland Air is right up there or even surpassing those. Service is always friendly, planes (757) are clean and nice. This time I did the online auction and bid on an upgrade to economy comfort. DO THIS! Beyond exceeded the the legroom expectations. It's equivalent to first class on and Alaska Airlines 737. Two seats to a row, complimentary food and beverages, awesome!
Happy Travels, we are onto the Glacier hike!


Couldn't help it, we passed the Phallological Museum and had to stop, out of curiosity!

No comments: