Sunday, March 27, 2016

Wedding Update # Losing Track

Ok, I'll keep it brief. When I returned from Costa Rica, Rick and I decided the Kauai wedding idea wouldn't work after all (keep in mind once we set the Kauai wedding idea I canceled our October Wenatchee venue), for a couple of reasons.

1: while this is exactly what we could envision and seemed perfect since we will already be there, we do want to keep our costs down. This seemed simple enough until we decided to do something back in Spokane after for those that can't make it, plus extended family and close friends. All of a sudden we had the cost of two weddings. After buying a house this year, neither of us were ok with spending that much, along with the time commitment and stress of planning two major events.

2: in our effort to keep our costs down, we realized our family that would be showing up would have a significant added cost to their year by coming.

Where does that leave us? Indefinitely on hold. We plan to have a wedding in Spokane at Ricks sisters event center sometime in the future. After canceling our October Wenatchee venue, then nixing the August Kaui, we thought we'd go back to October until I realized that we have no idea what my daughters schedule will be in October. This will be her first year of high school, the girl is involved in everything and homecoming typically happens last week of September or sometime in October. So as of now I can't commit to being gone for a weekend in the fall. These moments are her first, and it's her time. They are equally special to me, so we will wait and when the time is right, I hope everything will fall into place.

No comments: