Sunday, May 8, 2016

Longer Days

Aside from allergies, I love this time of year. Our days ar longer, my heart feels content. It's amazing what a little extra light in the days does for the soul, but to be able to squeeze in the quiet late afternoon/early evening walks, I love it.

 

I stepped backed and watched this, and couldn't help but think there is no other place I'd rather be. I am so happy I get to raise her. I'm happy I now have a partner in it.

As she gets older and busier, I want to suck up as many of these moments I can. Having one child graduated, I'm very aware my role as a parent has changed. There will never be a baby stage again, preschool, elementary, and now we are about the close the door on middle school and enter High School. It's bittersweet, to think that's over is sad, yet to be here witnessing them grow and become their own person is truly a gift.

 

No comments: