Sunday, February 22, 2009

Chilly Hilly

Group shot waiting for the ferry. Chilly Hilly lived up to its name this year. The ride is a 33 mile hilly ride around Bainbridge Island. We did it last year and I remember it being beautiful. When we got off the ferry at 8:30 it was a little wet! The temperature was around 45 degrees which is warmer than what we've been riding in here so that was a plus!

This is waiting for the 11:30 ferry back to Seattle. After the ride we rode our bikes to the Blackbird Bakery for a cup of coffee, a sweet treat, and napkin to wipe the mud from our faces! Those of us from the "East" side don't ride with fenders and spray water and mud all over the person behind them. Since I am still fighting off this nasty cold I followed Lars most of the way, if you click the picture to enlarge you may see my jacket is covered in mud! The front and back of my tights looked pretty good too, and notice we don't have our glasses on...the were caked with mud!

I do find myself asking why we do some of the things we do!

No comments: