Tuesday, December 28, 2010

December 28th

A year ago on this day I celebrated my 11th anniversary with the person I considered my best friend.  My parents arrived here yesterday and today I was supposed to be celebrating my 12th anniversary by riding the ironman course with Lars.  I really have tried not to put too much thought into this day, not wanting to dwell on what life has dealt, but rather put one foot in front of the other and take those steps into my new life.  Goodness it was an emotional day, I found myself battling waves of tears and mourning the loss of a union I considered beautiful and mature.  I am so grateful my parents are here, I look at these two beautiful children and try to put on a strong face, I was glad to have reinforcements here!
This happened in Maui too...no one's here

Any where any time this is my child

The little miss showing us her stuff

Finally made Lo get out at 6pm!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I've decided that you need a hug from Ben's mom, so I'll be there in 6 hours or so. I'll sure miss the 5" of snow we're supposed to get today, but I'll do it for you! AND - I'll get you all the mango margaritas you need. :)

Sara D. said...

Big Hugs Jenni. xoxo

Jenni said...

Becky that totally made me smile! Do you think you could bring Ben too?

Becky said...

That's funny you would mention bringing Ben - I thought that I would probably need to bring Ben too! I think he would love to be part of the support team, and he's guaranteed to be a source of great laughs, too! He will probably want to scoot in bed with you at night, but he won't take up much space. :) He's afraid of the ocean too, so we might have to keep a life jacket on him even if he's just walking on the beach. (I'll fill you in on that story later!)

Jessica said...

<3<3<3