Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kale chips and hummus

Ok, so for the hummus I wing it by taste.  I use my mini Cuisinart, 1 can of garbanzo beans(drained), a decent scoop of tahini( a jar last forever),  squeeze of lemon, olive oil (I like my hummus thick so I don't use a lot), a clove or two of garlic, cumin, salt and pepper to taste.  Takes maybe 5 minutes.  The fun comes when you start adding what you like.  Slice up a jalapeno, throw in basil, last week I carmelized onions.
 
Kale chips, a friend just shared this with me and its brilliant!  She uses a salad spinner (I don't own one) wash and dry Kale, cut off the leaves mix with olive oil, and what ever seasoning you'd like (I use one that I use on my grilled veggies) put on a baking pan in the oven at 350 until crispy (7-10) minutes...ish!

Happy eating all!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

thank you! i'm never buying hummus again! can't wait to try the kale chips too!