Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Glimpse

I'm getting the feeling we are only touching on a small part of what an amazing country Costa Rica is. I am very happy with our choice to stay in Tamarindo, and experience the Pacific side, as I've heard the beaches are a little nicer this way.
 
This doesn't mean however I wouldn't love to come back with a backpack and travel throughout the country spending a coulple days here and there. This time we have a rental car, and it is a very nice convenience but if I were moving around more frequently, based on how friendly and helpful everyone is here I would probably take public transportation.
 
A highlight for me so far was the visit to our condo complex by a large group of howler monkeys. For those that know me, I love primates. As a kid I wanted nothing more than to be Jane Goodall or Dian Fossey. I took offense when people implied Fossey had gone crazy living in the mountains protecting her beloved gorillas, and sympathized and cried at the loss of her beloved Digit. I find primates fascinating, and so close to humans.
Rick and I set out to run Monday morning but on our way out noticed the monkeys in the tree, we grabbed Lo (who was awake) and watched for an hour, ran woke my son up and watched some more, this time the male in the group was "howling" at the groundskeeper with the leaf blower, later after some pool time I returned to standing under th trees watching these fine creatures. ( I have lots of videos I will try to share later)
There's also a large resident iguana in a tree by our condo I am fascinated with.
 
He/she makes frequent trips down to the pool for water.
Lots of these guys, I haven't determined their appropriate name yet. Large lizards or monitors, not sure
 
In any case I like them.
We went a little outside Tamarindo yesterday a to Playa Flamingo, a beautiful beach.

There is nothing more I love than the sounds of the sea, the smell of the fresh air and the feel of salt water, with my loves.
 
 
 
Returned in time for this.
 
It is love.
 

No comments: