Sunday, December 7, 2014

With Love

Four years ago my friends and I started a tradition of a friends Christmas.  In my life I love my friends so much it's nice during this busy time of year to take time for each other and celebrate. Granted I think it was originally thrown together by my friends so I had something to look forward to during the holidays and not completely fall apart. My husband had left in Novemebr that year, we had a big Hawaii vacation planned but instead would be splitting it, meaning my kids first time away for a week and on a vacation without me. I've often said how grateful I am for my friends. The depth to which we love and support each other is honest and pure.
This year again they've been there. My ex recently went through a break up, part of his healing has been to come clean and be honest with the events (or person) that lead to our divorce. There's so much good in my life, friends, kids, my fiancé, work I didn't really think "I" needed to hear the truth at this point, but understood the importance for him in his quest to move forward being a better person. Surprisingly (or maybe not) it brought up a lot of the hurt and deceit I had felt through that time, although thankfully I've had years to process what I had already known. It still hurt but in a healing way. Again, my friends who were there four years ago, have been right beside me again. Letting me talk with them about this and work through it, again. I love them so much. I have no idea what I've done to get so lucky to be surrounded by the most loving, amazing women, but I am grateful. My life is better with them in it, and I cannot imagine a life without them.
Cheers to the blessings life bestows upon us!
This years party we decided to step out of our comfort level and paint at a new place in town. It was a blast, and we all created a masterpiece (the same) we now have prominently displayed in our homes!
And ta-da!

No comments: