Friday, December 19, 2014

Pictures Worth 1000 Words

Quite honestly yesterday was one of the most fun days I've ever had on vacation. We visited Palo Verde National Park. We had an awesome guide who's actual name I can't remember because he asked us to call him Dirty Martini (true story). Have I mentioned how awesome the Costa Ricans are? If not they are, gracious, polite and very funny. My only regret is not knowing Spanish, I can only imagine how fun it would be to converse in their native language!
Ok so I haven amazing video too but I will have to upload that later, here's the pictures to get an idea. Granted these are not quality pictures because I couldn't exactly reel in the excitement I was feeling over the monkeys jumping on our boat.
 
 
 
 
Pretty sure the boat behind us is jealous the monkey hopped on ours, and LOVED my son
I should mention, because it's not yet peak time, when we booked a tour the day before for this it ended up being just us with a guide and driver...bonus!
This guy was at another stop, a little more wary than the last guy but still curious about Luke.
 
After we enjoyed an authentic Costa Rican meal in a nearby village
 
And a little sunset watching back at Tamarindo Beach
 
 
Ok should probably mention we saw a few of these guys too
They're in the rivers here. Eek.
 
Today, back to doing what we do best. Lounging. The kids and I are sun worshipers (with sunscreen of course). Rick opts for the huge lanai at our condo with shade and a view of the ocean. We've each finished a book, which is pure bliss to me.
Another worthy mention, any Into The Wild fans, I just read The Wild Truth, written by Chris's sister, hoping to accurately portray why Chris did what he did. I enjoyed it.
 
 
 

No comments: