Sunday, January 11, 2015

Joey.

Meet Joey, the newest Hakensen family member. An almost 3 year old Italian Greyhound.
He's been with us a week and we are very much in love with him. I was nervous about adding a THIRD dog, but he's easy. Small, clean, quite, gets along great with Kaiser, Obie and Ann and doesn't shed.
How did we get him? Well, he was loved by his previous owner, my friend Kay. She passed away in November, but before she died she told her husband if he couldn't care for Joey to ask Logan. Logan and Kay had a special bond, and when her husband called I was truly touched, nervous yes, but something lead me to believe that this is what we needed to do. Kay was a planner and organizer, and she wanted Joey to be loved and taken care of, the exact thing I would want for my animals.
I love having him here, and the reminder of where he came from.
 
 

No comments: