Friday, February 27, 2015

Joey.

Joeys back, but most of you didn't know he was gone. I've posted before about how we got Joey, and my insistance to Lo that if we took him this was her dog, HER responsibility. Including waking up first thing to go "potty" with him, walk everyday before and after school, otherwise I would have no problem finding him a very good home. She took this very seriously and was truly amazing with him, in his first almost two weeks here we all fell in love with him. Then we got a call from his owner (my friend Kay's husband), that he missed him and wanted him back. Eek. I knew what we had to do, I talked with Rick, and then had a talk with Lo. She of course was heartbroken, but I explained we couldn't possibly understand his grief (of losing his wife Kay, and then giving up Joey), we packed up Joeys belongings said our good byes and tearfully dropped him off. This was hard, my heart ached for the pain my daughter experienced over this. She had been the perfect dog owner doing everything she was supposed to, but we needed to do the right thing and return him. We talked and had decided we would be here if Joey ever needed a home again.
The week we got back from Kauai I got news that Joeys owner was ready to part with him for good. On Lo's 13th birthday, she blew out her birthday candles, came home from dinner and her wish came true.
 
I can't help but feel my friend Kay had a hand in this from above. I miss her each day, but somehow having Joey In our lives and loving him as much as we do softens the ache of her not being here.
He's settled back in very well...
Snuggliest dog I have ever been around
 
 
Yep, and he even has acquired a small wardrobe ...
 

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a sweet puppy!! I'm SO glad he was returned to Lo. I'm sad about your friend - and her husband. There is so much hurting in the world!