Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Time.

I will never regret the time spent away with this girl. Day to day life is busy and exhausting, we do the best we can, but time away from it all we get to stop and take it in.
In a few very short days she will be a teenager. She is one of the most beautiful and kind human beings I have ever known. She makes me want to be my best and provide the best for her. I remind myself and others often, she is just 12, (but has the body of a 16 year old), I don't want anyone rushing her, she is still a child and I want her to enjoy the innocent fun for as long as she possibly can.
Last night we retired from the festvities early and laid in bed talking. There are people and influences that come into her life I have no control over. Some great ones, and some not so good, but I have to trust I have raised her to know the difference. She was talking to me about a person that was once in her life and commenting about some passive agressive things they had done on one of the social networks my daughter followed on. I decided this was an opportuty to learn what, when and how we should use this technology. I asked her what she thought of this person posting these things, and how did it make them look. Her answer was wise, and insightful. She reads people and their intentions better than I would expect.
She is a special one this girl. I love her to the moon, back and beyond.
And forever grateful for our time spent together

No comments: