Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Routine

I'm here with lots of thoughts, but no time to blog. My girl, my baby turned 13, so many thoughts on that. Can't help but want to wonder the world, thoughts on that. My son will be 18 soon and graduate (putting off thoughts on that).
I crave getting into bed at 9 and enjoying an hour of peace and quiet reading or blogging, but instead I am finding myself rushing to taxi Lo, make dinner, clean dinner, talk to the kids while doing nothing so they have my attention, sending them off to get ready for bed while I make lunches, clean up from making lunches and get myself ready for bed, the quick debriefing with the kids about the day ahead and good nights. It's times like this that I desperately miss having their Dads help in all this. I have vague memories of how it went before to have a hand while one person gets the kids ready for bed and the other cleans up and enjoying quiet time together, now it's just sheer exhaustion when I hit the pillow.
For now sleep calls to me, and I process my thoughts on the bike, but I'll be back soon......

No comments: