Saturday, March 7, 2015

4 Years

Last Sunday marked four years since my divorce was final. What do you know, it does get easier! I didn't even remember until later in the evening, and when I did it wasn't sadness but absolute gratitude to my friends and family. The love and support they gave me in the months leading to my husband leaving, their unwavering support of me as we learned of a friends betrayal.  They were there the day and night it was finalized, three showed up to court and the others all gathered that evening as we cried, laughed, drank and toasted the future. They were there every Wednesday and everyother weekend for months when my kids would go to their Dads. They were there through transitions of the last few years, enduring more crazy times, but even more happier, joyful times. They showed me what love is. This year March 1st was a year to reflect on the blessings.
In the last four years, I have found myself again. I have had opportunities with my children I would not have had otherwise. I found a man that calms, loves and understands me. Friends that I will grow old with. A bonus this year was to have the opportunity to have conversations with my Ex. To gain a level of understanding from him and to share with him my feelings. I have welcomed his participation back into my kids life, easing my life tremendously. My kids are well adjusted. I have one graduating high school this year and very much looking forward to him taking steps towards creating his future. Excited that I will be likely chasing the school activities of one child. For all this I am grateful.
This is an exciting time, and it's feels very good and very right to be in this exact place.

No comments: