Sunday, March 15, 2015

Dance Competition

Last weekend Lo and I drove to Coeur d' Alene, ID for her first Elite team dance competition.
I was apprehensive, and nervous. This isn't my thing, I've never done something like this and it's entirely outside my comfort level, yet I was the one responsible for getting her to and from in time with full hair (teased, curled, straightened, teased) and makeup (fake eyelashes and all) done. I didn't want to let her down. This was her moment/weekend, something she put herself out there for a year ago and tried out, has worked hard and was so excited. I think I did ok, and she did truly amazing!
5:30 am this is what we were doing. I'm a morning person, but fake eye lashes before coffee, that's a challenge!
 
The only downside was I was hit with the wicked cold Friday am, driving over was miserable and while I loved watching Lo perform I felt like crap so I found a couch outside the upstairs auditorium, by an outlet and would hang there with my Kleenex and program and listen for the next numbers. I don't think it took away from her time, I was just wiped!
 
Her tap scored a ruby, her hip hop a diamond, plus best overall in that group, and opening scored a diamond and best overall. (I learned what all the gems stood for that weekend )
 
 
So very proud of this girl. The way she carries herself and her confidence in her ability is a lesson we could all learn from.
Dare I say I am actually looking forward to the next one!
 

No comments: