Friday, December 4, 2015

A High

I am coming off (or more accurately still on), a travel high. That vacation was nothing less than absolutely perfect. I have exactly the same feeling I did back in October when Lo and I went to NYC. There is not a single bit of regret in me for going. There are no words to adequately explain what a wonderful time I had with my son, in a country we've both fallen in love with.

There are opportunities that arise if you open your eyes to them during hard times. Those hard times for me were my husbands affair, subsequent divorce and the financial strain of single parenting. If I really look back now and think what was it that made me hurt the most, why was I so angry, it's simple. It was not being valued enough to be told the truth. What I was given though was a stronger bond with my children. It was the three of us figuring out life, our house, our world that existed as just us. My son now 18 and doing his own thing, I've missed him. Having 6 uninterrupted days with just him was an amazing gift. This trip was truly one of the best, and I've had a lot of great trips. To be with him, but also to give him the gift of broadening his perspective through travel, is priceless (although I am glad it was a cheap deal).

On the home front, life is pretty sweet here. We've signed on the new house and now just waiting for all inspections and what not to go through. What a relief!

I saw this on Pintrest and it sounded right on...

 

 

 

 

No comments: