Tuesday, January 5, 2016

K-9

He's my faithful and fiercely loyal companion. My motivation to be outside.

He's neurotic when not exercised, but calmed when he's outside. I get it. I find the purest form of peace being outside.

 

There are places I wouldn't have adventured to without him. He gives to me a sense of security.

Today I skied three miles up and three miles down a closed road on my "farm" ski's, just he and I.

He's slower these days, but he's still there. We are in tune with each other knowing what the other needs. The nine years I've had with him have truly been a gift. A part of my heart already aches for the day he is not there.....

 

2 comments:

kristen said...

Oh, I so get this! What a sweet friend you have - and that last pic definitely needs to be framed! :)

Jenni said...

Thanks Kristen, he is the sweetest most loyal fellađź’•