Friday, June 17, 2016

Gators, Ghost and a Few Unmentionables

My children and I are here in the Big Easy. About a month ago I was seriously wanting a vacation with both kids. Don't get me wrong, I've had an exceptional year of traveling (New York, Iceland, Costa Rica, Maui and Bend x2), it does seem like a lot but all trips with the exception of Costa Rica were 4-5 day getaways, with one of my loved ones.

Traveling all together anymore is near impossible. During the school year my kids breaks don't match up (except Thanksgiving). Christmas my son is out early, my daughter later, and I have to split that time with their Dad. Spring break one has one week the other the next. My son is taking a summer class at the college this year. We had a 10 day window between my daughters last day of school and the start of summer quarter for my son.

We tossed around NYC (because we love it), but I needed a really budget friendly trip, so we decided New Orleans! It's clearly non peak here now with the 90 degree temps and 80% humidity, we have never been here and at $412 per person for air and room with breakfast it was a winner! Let me just say it's an experience and I'll write more on that later.

I am loving and savoring this time with them. I love traveling with them. They are easy, chill, go with flow and fun! Even at 5 years apart they have each other's backs, always. I love watching the interactions with them. Selfishly I like having them to myself, away from all distractions to. They are awesome humans. There's something to be said for going somewhere you've never been, it's fresh and unknown in all our eyes, and we get to figure it out together!

We've certainly had our fair share of beignets!

 

Luke tried the famous muffuletta from Central Grocery, he have it thumbs up

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: