Monday, June 6, 2016

Mountain Air

I have an insatiable need to breath in the mountain air. I crave it, and always want more. The Alpine Lakes Wilderness trails are free of snow, clear and relatively mosquito free. Bonus, they are close enough to home to drop my daughter off at school, hike/run them and be home to pick her up!

Friday I did the jaunt up to Colchuck Lake, right now I find it to be so beautiful. Snow is still on the glacier, plus all the waterfalls are flowing. It's crazy what the difference will be here soon.

(Tip: it seems this hike has really grown the last few years in popularity. If you want a prime spot and some solitude at the lake go on a weekday, early)

 

Today I went to Eightmile lake, with late start for my daughters school on Mondays this one fit the limited time. It was such a gorgeous day, I just wanted more time to sit and zone off looking at the lake. Next time.

 

Did I mention there's no cell service? My daughter knows in the event of an emergency to call Rick and he will get to me, otherwise everything else can wait.

 

No comments: