Wednesday, June 15, 2016

She IS Special

I've always known my daughter is a special girl. Back when she was 8 years old and my world was collapsing, she was mature and helpful beyond her years. I remember the night her dad moved out. I was so sad and deflated, she grabbed her pillow, eye shades and alarm clock and moved into my room (for the next few years). It was one of those moments that breaks your heart, but also fills it with gratitude.

That's just one small example of the kind caring things she does. On top of that she works hard. I am so impressed with her study skills and dedication to always do her best. Last Friday she "graduated" from middle school, and onto high school next year. She received awards in academics, an award for her service with United Ways youth engaged program for her 76 hours of volunteer work last year, one for being in ASB all three years, and the Lions Club award (only given out to one person per school) for Leadership. This last one I found myself overcome with emotion. Most of us know how wonderful our children are, and don't expect recognition, but in that moment I was so happy for her. All her hard work, positive attitude, and just being a really good human was recognized in front of her peers, their families and her family. She will change the world for the better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

As a reward she had her first big party (boys and girls) at our house. Twenty some really great kids for hours having water ballon fights, slip and slide, jumping on the trampoline and playing ping pong!

 

 

 

No comments: