Saturday, January 10, 2009

Back to the Mainland..

and back to reality! We got back late Monday night, the kiddos went to school the next day, Lars to work, and I stayed home to unpack...but not before I went skate skiing!
It was a winter wonderland here Tuesday, but that was soon to change, the pineapple express came through with those warm winds, and knocked a few too many shingles off our roof. Turned up the temperature and melted all the snow. Now our basement bedroom is flooded. I'm not too sad about that, lets just say the carpet down there was a little "retro" anyways!
As much as a I love Hawaii its good to be home, natural disasters and all. Lars and I are back to spinning several nights a week, I've made it up to skate 3 times in the last 5 days and we have a sitter lined up for tomorrow so we can head up again.
We also started our New Years resolution...yoga! Its been about 9 years since I went to yoga on a regular basis...starting over! We're starting slow, one night a week at the WRAC, but this morning in spin class Lars and I were both wishing we had another day of yoga in the week!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

you guys are great! Isnt wonderful to reconnect- that is def. my new years resolution! A little one on one with Zach-
anyway I miss you guys and hope to see you later this month