Saturday, January 3, 2009

enjoying the last few days!

So this happens every time we go to Hawaii, the days before we leave I am so bummed that we have to leave, this time I saw an add for a 5 acre coffee farm and thought..why not! Oh yea the price and the fact that I know nothing about farming brought me back to reality.
I can't say how much I love this time with my family. Having the business at home, Lars work and kids school and activities I crave time to spend with just them. I feel we get so wrapped up in day to day activities the time flies, it's in these 2 weeks a year we get to stop and enjoy each other, no stresses, no having to be anywhere, and no schedule!

So last few days we have been enjoying all the great things this island has to offer. Before we left our friend Chad gave us a book The Big Island Revealed ( a must), but even more valuable he wrote notes in it, so we have felt so at home on this island from the time we got off the plane and knew where Costco was...thanks Chad!
Lets see on the 31st we went to Hapuna again and yes saw Lance Armstrong again! This time I didn't bother with a picture ( I just took in the great view), but Luke got his flip out and got a little video of him when we drove back by him.
The 1st we drove on a rugged lava road ( that maybe was paved once), then parked when you couldn't go any further and hike about 20 minutes through lava and a'a fields to the most amazing beach I have ever seen (thats where we are in the pic above). The sand was powdery fine, hardly anyone there. Here we were hot and sweaty hiking in this rugged stuff and all of a sudden palm trees and Makalawena beach!
Friday we did nothing but hit the pool.
Today we rented kayaks and kayaked out to Captain Cook Memorial to snorkel. The whole thing seemed like a shady operation at first, you paid people cash for a kayak and off you went no instruction, warning, or what to do's, but we did it and it was great. It did get a little choppy on the way back and Lars got a little motion sick. I am much more of an ocean girl than a river girl!

2 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

That's one good looking family. You should put those hot bodies on a x-mas card next year :)

Unknown said...

Great pic, I want a copy! Sorry about the motion sick Lars I can empathize. We know how you feel about leaving - any family business opportunities?
Love,
Mom :-)