Monday, January 19, 2009

Outdoor Activity Overdrive (OAO)

So the winter is proving to be pretty good despite the lack of snow in the valley. Here's the thing for those that like to get exercise outside this weather, and conditions are great! I am once again commuting to work on my bike (a cyclo cross), the roads are clear for running and cycling, and the Nordic trails in Leavenworth (especially this last weekend) have been amazing given the lack of new snow. Needless to say I am exhausted!
No school on Monday so I took Luke up to try out skating. He rocked! Lars and I pretty much just skate now and Luke is so laid back he was all for trying it. I think he's hooked!

I am so proud!

Sunday at the golf coarse, our friends right behind Lars

Out on the trail. On the weekends we usually go to the Golf Course if its open, a lot less people, great skiing, eagles and deer..can't beat that!

4 comments:

mary said...

Jenni I would love a skating lesson sometime and if you ever want to downhill give me a buzz!! Isn't it such a great feeling when your kiddos starting participating in what you love.

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great trade! And yes I love being able to do these things as a family!

The Hunter Family said...

Luke's a stud!

sweetsecrett said...

I cannot wait till Feb! Im a little nervous though, i took kids out today for some classic and they pretty much kicked my butt! lol Even Colton, it was his first day! The terrain was very hilly and the kids enjoyed it!