Thursday, January 29, 2009

Events of 2009

Lars and I sat down the other night to figure out which events we wanted to partake in for 2009...mainly so I would know how to train.
We have different styles, Lars and I. I like to be overly prepared, know exactly what I'm getting myself in for and train hard. Last year Lars decided to lose the 25 pounds he packed on in the summer/fall of 2007, and started January 1st 08 with no plan other than getting in shape..it worked, within 2 months he was back to his normal weight and regaining endurance and strength he had lost. So needless to say when he decides to do a race he sticks to his normal works outs and just goes balls out during the race and does great!
So this is what we came up with:
February 22nd Chilly Hilly (our 2nd chilly hilly!)
March 28th Wenatchee Valley Du (this is tentative)
April 4th kids Ridge 2 River
April 18th Wenatchee 1/2 marathon (Jenni)
April 19th Ridge 2 River (Lars)
May 23rd Mazama Fun run 10k (great swag for all) besides Lars won and entry last year for this year
June 20th Lance Armstrong Challenge 100 mile ride (tentative)
June 27 Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon
July11 Seattle to Portland (STP) in 1 day this year
August 22 Apple Capital Tri (haven't decided which event)
This is as far as we got, I know Lars will sign us up for something in September and October..should be fun!

No comments: