Sunday, October 2, 2011

Date Weekend

I just returned from 3 nights, 4 days on the Oregon Coast with that very special someone!  Home now with my little people all snug in their beds,  and sitting down to replay what an amazing weekend I just had.  Many times this weekend I found myself overcome with emotions, I  cannot believe how lucky I am.  This amazing man is wonderful, caring, attentive, funny...on and on.  He enjoys and likes my kids, and more importantly understands MY love and commitment to them.  Being a single mom,  having the kids 90% of the time, I didn't expect someone to fit so easily into our lives.  I am lucky indeed.  That being said, I appreciate his selflessness, to not mind sharing my time with my kids, but I also understand the importance of nurturing this new relationship and taking time out for "us".   He was such a trooper last weekend wanting to come up and support me in the marathon with my friends and family, and in a couple weeks Logan and I are going on vacation, so this weekend was our time, it was so special.  I can't help but be thankful and embrace these new wonderful feelings!

 Rick and I each took our camera's (his is more fancy than mine), so I'll put a few pics up now from my memory card and get his later!
Maddie

A man's best friend



Maddie's 10 years old, and the beach brought the puppy out in her!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I am just so happy for you! Love your pics too. I always take a sand toes pic too. :)