Sunday, October 20, 2013

California Refresher

We are back from a vacation to California. I will use just about any excuse to travel, so the combination of my birthday being around the corner and the kids having half days for conferences I couldn't pass up the chance for a birthday trip to Disneyland! It's getting tricky to miss school with a high schooler, but we didn't leave until Wednesday so I felt ok with it all.
I will write a post on the Disney experience with older kids (highly recommend ) when I am not so tired.
Just all in all I am feeling grateful to have these opportunities with my children. Time away, no work or school, just enjoying, and creating memories.
My boyfriend has joined us on a handful of our vacations. He's definitely proved himself to be a compatible travel companion (phew)! I still treat all issue's in regards to my children carefully. We (the kids dad and I) had done Disney twice with my son and once with Lo, they have great memories of it. I know they thought about them on this trip, we talked and reminisced about them. It's hard because I don't know what it's like for them, I grew up with both of my parents getting to share all of our experiences. My kids or at least my son is aware of all their Dad misses, and that kind of sucks. The best I can do is let them be open and know the memories they have of all of us together are theirs to keep and enjoy, at the same time creating new memories with new people and be very glad I have a man in my life that gets and respects this! Cheers to rembering the past, celebrating the now and creating a future!
Santa Monica. Great photo then I noticed the man sleeping in the background

 

No comments: